Canon EOS Rebel T6 Review
Comprising a versatile set of imaging capabilities along with support for a connected workflow, the EOS Rebel T6 from Canon is a compact, sleek DSLR featuring an 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 4+ image processor. Combined, these two technologies avail rich image quality with reduced noise, along with a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400 that can be further expanded to ISO 12800 to suit working in low and difficult lighting conditions. The sensor and processor also enable the ability to shoot continuously at 3 fps for photographing moving subjects, as well as recording Full HD 1080p/30 video. Benefitting shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 9-point AF system incorporates a single center cross-type AF point for increased accuracy and focusing speed, and a contrast-detection focusing system offers refined autofocus precision for shooting movies or working in live view. The rear 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD offers a bright, clear image for playback and review, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC also offers the ability to wirelessly share imagery from your camera to a linked mobile device for instant online sharing.
Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design, to control spherical aberrations and contribute to higher clarity, and an Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- At the heart of the Rebel T6 is an apt 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor, which combine to provide both speed throughout the camera system as well as notable image quality. Up to 3 fps shooting is possible to suit photographing moving subjects, for unlimited JPEGs in a burst or up to 6 consecutive raw frames, and Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps can also be recorded. For working in a variety of lighting conditions, the sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400 can be further expanded to ISO 12800 to benefit photographing in low-light situations.
- 9-Point AF System
- A 9-point phase-detection autofocus system incorporates a single cross-type point to lend a high degree of focusing accuracy in mixed and low-contrast lighting conditions. This focusing system also utilizes an AI Servo AF mechanism for faster tracking and more accurate results.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A large 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor serves as a bright means for live view shooting and image playback.
- An optical pentamirror viewfinder presents a bright, clear view of the scene when shooting stills and is ideal for quick-paced subject tracking and working in bright conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC permits pairing the DSLR with a smartphone or tablet for wirelessly sharing photos and movies for instant online posting. This connectivity is also compatible with the optional Canon Connect Station CS100 storage device.
- Wi-Fi connectivity also enables wireless remote control over the camera from linked mobile devices using the Camera Connect app.
- Compatible with the full lineup of Canon EF and EF-S-mount lenses.
- Other Camera Features
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode intelligently selects the appropriate camera settings based on recognized scene types for accurate exposures.
- A Feature Guide helps to familiarize one with the various camera features and displays short descriptions of shooting modes, settings, and effects for easy operation.
- Basic+ and Creative Auto modes simplify the process of achieving certain creative looks.
- Creative Filters allow you to refine the look of imagery in-camera, and include Toy Camera, Fisheye, and Miniature Effect, among others.
- Video Snapshot lets you capture short 2, 4, or 8-second video clips then automatically compile them into a single video file for playback similar to a highlight reel.
- Auto White Balance features a ‘white priority’ setting to maintain accurate color rendering and adjust for warmer tones when photographing in tungsten-lit conditions.
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3.
- Basic Zone exposure control settings: Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-Up, Sports, Food, and Night Portrait.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese