Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens
Characterized by versatile imaging specs, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens further clarifies itself using a pair of robust focusing systems and an intuitive design. Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, this sleek DSLR is capable of capturing high-resolution images at up to 7 fps and Full HD 1080p60 video, both with reduced noise and high sensitivity up to an expanded ISO 25600 for working in difficult lighting conditions.
When working with the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type AF system affords fast performance in a range of lighting conditions for tracking moving subjects and working in low light, while the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system benefits live view shooting and movie recording by providing a smooth, a natural focusing quality akin to the way a camcorder acquires focus. Touch-to-focus is availed by the large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which also sports a swiveling vari-angle design for working from high and low angles with ease. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to pair mobile devices with the camera to wirelessly transfer files for sharing your photos and movies online. More than just a well-connected DSLR, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens is equally matched in imaging versatility due to its inclusion of multimedia feature-sets for stills shooting and movie recording.
Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens; a versatile everyday lens that encompasses a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range. The STM stepping motor helps to achieve near-silent focusing when used during video recording and the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens is capable of producing high-resolution imagery with notable clarity and minimal noise, as well as a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-16000 that can be further expanded to ISO 25600 to support working in low-light situations. The sensor and processor combination also avails fast performance throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot continuously at up to 7 fps or record Full HD 1080p video at 60 fps in the MP4 format.
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
- Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions down to -3 EV. For working with telephoto lenses fitted with extenders, 27 of the points are capable of focusing down to f/8 and the center dual cross-type offers increased precision at brighter aperture values.
The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects. Making use of the 45-points is a series of four AF area selection modes, including single-point AF; Zone AF, where you can select from one of nine AF zones; Large Zone AF, which offers a choice of three selectable zones; and 45-point AF auto selection, which allows the camera to select a single point automatically.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement.
When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority.
Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to stills recording, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps in the MOV format with ALL-I compression or 60 fps in the MP4 format with IPB compression. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Additionally, both headphone and microphone jacks are incorporated in the body design for advanced control over audio recording.
Unique to most video recording systems, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 3.0″ 1.04m-dot ClearView II touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type Intelligent Viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive Features can be displayed during use.
- Both photos and movies can be wirelessly shared to smartphones or tablets, using the Canon Camera Connect app, for instant online sharing or backed up to the Canon Connect Station CS100 via built-in Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity. Remote shooting from a linked mobile device is also available, allowing you to wirelessly configure exposure settings or release the shutter.
- The high-performance shutter mechanism has been tested for up to 100,000 cycles.
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens included with the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers a variety of perspectives from wide-angle to portrait-length. Its design integrates an STM focusing mechanism that provides near-silent focusing abilities with smooth and precise control.
- Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens
- Additionally, the Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps in order to benefit from working in low-light conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. One aspherical lens element is also incorporated into the lens construction to help reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens coating has been applied, too, in order to lessen lens flare and ghosting for higher contrast, clearer imagery. Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens