Canon EF 50mm STM Lens
One of the most versatile focal lengths available, the Canon EF 50mm STM Lens is a compact, normal-length prime well-suited to everyday shooting. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and allows increased control over the depth of field for isolating subject matter. Canon EF 50mm STM Lens Individual elements feature a Super Spectra coating to help minimize flare and ghosting to realize greater contrast and color accuracy when working in backlit and harsh conditions. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with a full-time manual focus override.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture enables control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, a full-time manual focus override is also available. Canon EF 50mm STM Lens
- The redeveloped physical design incorporates a metal lens mount for durability as well as a re-located focusing ring to maintain a compact form factor.
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits from the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.