The clamp-on Camera Matte Box for lenses with an 87mm front fills out the Camera matte box lineup, fitting in neatly between the UMB-1 line and the original rubber Zip Box. A lightweight yet durable matte box with interchangeable mounting systems, the Zip Box Pro accepts up to three 4 x 5.65″ (Panavision-style) filters without the use of filter trays. If reflections from light sources in frame are a concern, they you can tilt up to two filters in the matte box to help move the reflections out of picture area.
This clamp-on matte box comes with an 87mm clamp that allows you to mount it directly onto your lens. The clamp-on backs are interchangeable, allowing you to work with lenses of different diameters or convert the Zip Box Pro to a swing-away matte box. It is recommended that you use a lens with a non-rotating front when working with a clamp-on matte box. An included carbon fiber top flag helps block veiling glare or bright reflections from striking your lens, and can be folded down to cover the front of the matte box and provide protection to the front of your lens.
- The clamp-on Zip Box Pro attaches directly to the front of a lens using dedicated backs of 114, 110, 104, 100, 95, 87, and 80mm.
- An optional Swing-Away back enables making your Zip Pro into a swing-away matte box.
- Backs can be swapped using four thumbscrews.
- Tilting filters move highlight reflections out of your image area.
- Filters are loaded from the front of the matte box and are securely held by a spring-loaded latch.